buntingarchitects. All rights reserved.
Teach Oscair - Ireland
Carried out for a private client in Ireland, their brief called for
the renovation and expansion of a derelict workers cottage
on the edge of a fruit farm just north of Dublin.
Buntingarchitects were asked to create a house that could
function both as a family holiday home and a retirement
• Traditional dry dash external finish
• Slate roof and double glazed windows
• Open concept living, eating, kitchen
• All electric high efficiency radiators
• Stone paved courtyard
• South facing roofs for future PV solar panels
The concept involved a simple symetrical mirroring of the
existing traditional workers bungalow block linked with a low
block to enclose a courtyard facing towards the orchards to
the East. The existing house accommodates "sleeping", the
link connection "washing" and the new wing "living"