buntingarchitects. All rights reserved.
Urban Loft - London
Carried out for a professional couple with two children living
in Central London, Buntingarchitects were asked to come up
with a plan to neatly and efficiently expand up into the loft of
a 60's terrace house maximising space to provide a third
bedroom and en suite bathroom.
• New front dormer and first floor panel clad in Spanish Slate
• Large french doors and juliette balcony to the east
• Full ensuite bathroom with walk-in shower
• Ceiling height maximised through efficient placment of joists
• Open stair with fire door located at first floor landing
The concept involved a simple continuation of the existing
stair up to a landing at the centre of the roof ridge and
building to the maximum width and depth at the rear of the
property thus avoiding a lengthy planning application.