buntingarchitects. All rights reserved.
St. Thomas More Upper School
Bedford - Activity Centre
Carried out while working at the firm of Scott Tallon Walker,
the works required the provision of a large multi-purpose
activity hall to allow the existing smaller hall to be converted
into a dedicated black box theatre and performance space.
• Siberian larch rainscreen cladding
• Structural liner tray providing continuous air barrier
• Underfloor heating to main first floor facilities
• Natural ventilation to hall
• Steel structure cantilevered and expressed at each end
Mark was responsible for the complete design and delivery
including detailed consultation and liaison with the various
user groups at the school who would be primarily using the
facililty. The project was key to enhancing the ability of the
school to function as a specialist arts facility and thus
maintain its outstanding academic rating.