buntingarchitects. All rights reserved.
St Ethelbert's RC Church
Slough - New Parish Hall
The proposed design recognises its location sitting between
the stone and flint grade II listed church and the exuberant
and modern free-form presence of the "Curve" building
currently under construction.
The new hall will maintain the current footprint area of the
existing hall but re-locate it further to the south (rear) of the
site to expose and reveal the side transept of the church and
allow this to form a formal side to the new paved entrance
plaza proposed. The new building will typically keep to the
same mass and height of the existing hall and stay below the
height of the side elevation parapet of the existing church
Planning was approved in 2016. Awating funding to progress.
• Large hall with toilet, storage and kitchen facilities
• Green roof
• Flint panels to match with existing church walls
• New public arrival plaza to front
• Sliding glass doors from hall onto lawn
• Future link to side chapel in church