buntingarchitects. All rights reserved.
St. Thomas More School - Bedford
Teacher Training Facility
Carried out as the first phase of buntingarchitects recently
completed masterplan recommendations for this school,this
facility provides a purpose designed home for the teaching
school and first floor offices for the finance department.
• 55m2 teaching / conferencing room
• Bright entry lobby with access to wheelchair WC
• Furniture store and pantry kitchen off of main room
• All natural ventilation via operable windows
• Dorchester Red brick cladding to harmonise with existing
• Highly insulated fabric / simple cavity block construction
• First floor offices for academy and finance departments
Construction completed during the summer term, on time
and to a budget and ready for use in September 2013. The
facility provided a one storey bespoke structure enabling the
shool to support and grow its academy teaching school
program. Buntingarchitects has subsequently expanded the
facility with a second floor to house the school academy
offices and finance department.